Lucidchart

Yatin
Yatin
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing tool to create flowcharts

Reviewed on 11/02/2023

It has been a great experience with Lucidchart overall. We are able to create and discuss the flows and processes in highly efficient manner using Lucidchart. The team's productivity has increased and delivery cycle has also shortened.

Pros

Lucidchart helps create effective flowcharts in a convenient manner. This enables brainstorming among the team members and we can arrive at the best possible flows and solutions. Lucidchart also allows to replicate and easily modify the flowcharts and diagrams for quick iteration. The flows in Lucidchart can be easily copied and pasted to documents and presentations.

Cons

The customisable templates for creating various flowcharts need to be more discoverable . There's no suggestion to improve the flowcharts in Lucidchart which can be very helpful. Sometimes the flowcharts can't be pasted into documents which is an issue. There can be features to better manage the flowcharts in folders.

draw.io and Miro

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

The functionalities and user interface offered by Lucidchart stands out from the competitors. Lucidchart pricing is highly competitive and we could select the plan as per our requirements.
Federico
Federico
  • Industry: Banking

Great diagramming solution for a Small / Medium Business

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Our overall experience with Lucidchart is great, we love the solution and plan to keep working with them for the foreseeable time.

Pros

There are many features we loved about this software, some of them are the vast variety of charts and diagrams to choose from. We have practically all of the schemes needed to develop a robust data management solution. In addition the tool is very intuitive so we needed almost no training nor research to use it.

Cons

The one feature they could improve is the documentation tools, we believe it could be a little more simpler to work with. Another con could be the community, we reach for help and didn't fin much support.

Visme and Visio

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

We made the switch because we needed a more robust tool to share our database diagramming.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

During our cost / price evaluation Lucidchart came with the highest value.
Mario
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Very expensive compared to other products

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

Cost was a over all factor when looking into this product.

Cost was a over all factor when looking into this product.

Pros

I did like its user interface. I Admin portal was easy to use also. Adding SSO was easy to understand.

Cons

The price was high compared to other products. Also there was no bulk export to Visio and had to do one by on.

Cost
Brandon
Brandon
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Lucidchart is great for generating visual representations

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

Each member of my team can contribute to data visualizations in real time thanks to Lucidchart's built-in collaboration features. As a team, we can create data visualizations like charts and graphs, and everyone can see each other's changes in real time. This facilitates group input, reviews and approvals, as well as detailed explanations.

Pros

One of the software tools I use at work is Lucidchart. It helps me draw data systems diagrams, which in turn helps me describe, organize, and convey data engineering work to my colleagues.

Cons

Despite Lucidchart's diagramming templates, I've always felt that they fall short when it comes to most of the charts and data process maps we've created with Lucidchart. And that's how it's always been: many data graphs are completely hand-drawn.

Aaron
Aaron

Easy to use and powerful diagramming tool.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Lucidchart is my goto for complex network diagrams, system workflow diagrams, process workflows, data flow diagrams, API call flow sequence diagrams, system component diagrams.
I have used it for years and don't see any reason to switch to another product.
I would highly recommend this product.

Pros

1) Super easy to get started with simple registration options.
2) Very flexible sharing and collaboration options.
3) Multi-edit a document in real time with other users.
4) Easily lock down access to documents.
5) Many predefined industry standard documents to start from
6) Large list of export diagram export options. Examples, PDF, PNG...

Cons

1) At times the shape locator tool on the left hand side can be confusing depending on the document type you are working on, for example if you are working on a DFD diagram, the shapes directly related to the diagram should always be visible first after which other shape groups should be searchable.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Software license requirement of Visio. Limited collaboration options.

Way better than visio!

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

Love it. I was able to make complex flow charts on my first time using the software.

Pros

Lucidchart is a far superior product to the more traditional flowchart software Visio. The simple layout, easy sharing and the ability to build complex flow charts make Lucidchart the best out there. Additionally, I find the templates for other projects, that are not flow chart related, very useful.

Cons

My only issue with Lucid is that, at certain points, where the details of lines and boxes can get very cluttered, I find it hard to navigate the layers and often end up dragging out boxes and lines that I do not wish to, even though they are not selected originally. This is very rarely an issue and it just takes a few minutes to fix, but it is an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Lucid is much easier to use and more in line with the other platforms we use.

Tyler
Tyler

Great Software for Marketing and Development Teams

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

I have been very pleased with Lucid chart and have brought it with me in the last 3 jobs I have been at. Its always on the top priority of my software list.

Pros

This allows use to easily share and visualize workflows, wireframes, and user stories with all the team members involved in a project.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about LucidChart I have been very happy with it.

Erik
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A good app for diagram drawing

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

It is a good tool to draw diagrams, and we use it to draw class and ER diagrams representation of our software and database models. Overall easy to use and powerful, but with some glitches to be fixed.

Pros

Lucidchart is very handy to draw diagrams and figures, especially for database models. It gives you a lot of control over the appearance of your diagram and it is nice that me and my team can collaborate easily on drawing and refining the diagrams.

Cons

Quite sometimes the app has difficulties loading and I'm obliged to close the browser tab and restart it. While this does not affect the app usability once you're in, it can be pretty annoying and it has led me to close the tab and not come back to the app more than once.

• Industry: Chemicals

Easy process flow mapping

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

We use LucidCharts to map client's processes. It is easy to collaborate with colleagues and export the maps to add in reports.

Pros

The software is easy to use and does everything it needs to do with minimum fuss. Normally there are lots of issues with web browser software but this works very well. With very little effort you can create process flow map and make it look professional.

Cons

No issues. It does everything I want it to do. Only scratched the surface of the available functions.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Other product moved to a web browser and was unusable with all the useful functions removed.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart

Easier to use, all the functions we needed were available.
Thomas
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Lucidchart - Easy to use flowcharting tool

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

I create flowcharts on a daily\weekly basis and Lucidcharts is an easy-to-use tool to help in designing flowchart diagrams. From the ease of installation, the excellent technical support when needed, and the easy to learn interface is quite valuable.

Pros

The ease of installation
The online support
Ease of use, not a big learing curve.

Cons

I don't use the collaborative tools much.

• Industry: Government Administration

Easy to use business process mapping software

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Overall pretty good and easy to use software for business process mapping for anybody that needs to pump out process maps fairly quickly. You can quickly churn out process maps with a relatively small learning curve and can access your saved diagrams through any browser.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use business process mapping software that can be used through the browser. I was looking for a MS visio replacement to run workshops with and this met my needs. I like the pre-built templates and the fact that i can have my colleague update the same business process map at the same time im using it (only available if you upgrade). The ability to publish to a MS visio format and a weblink is also useful. You can access the software directly on your browser as a SAS so it doesnt require any installation of software which makes it convenient if you're jumping between computers (it allows you to access your diagrams anywhere since its stored on the cloud)

Cons

-There's some minor glitches when mapping out business process lanes and performing some of the tasks. Formatting the process maps can be annoying sometimes and it does not have all the formatting customizability that a more robust business process mapping tool like MS visio has. Sometimes the browser is not responsive if you go idle for too long.
-I don't like the fact that users need to register/create an account if I want to share the published link with my business process maps to them
-Costs are kind of a turnoff because I'd rather pay a one time fee rather than a subscription cost since its not every day you'll be using this software

One of the best softwares in market for creating flow diagrams

Reviewed on 10/04/2023

Overall, I will highly recommend using Lucidchart for creating and sharing your flowcharts or diagrams. It is an extremely customizable and flexible tool with a lot of integration options. Though it doesn't have many cheaper or smaller plans, however, for enterprise level, this is one of the best diagramming tools available.

Pros

Lucidchart is specifically designed to create flowcharts like business process models, data flow diagrams, organizational charts, sequence diagrams, architecture diagrams etc. I love its feature set and integrations as compared to other diagramming tools like draw.io or Microsoft Visio. As it is an online web application, it allows multiple team members to collaborate and contribute on the same diagram in real time. You can leave feedback or comments on any object and attach notes.Lucidchart has plethora of options for different flowchart shapes, objects, lines or pre-built templates, which eventually saves up a lot of your time.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about this software but one major limitation with Lucidchart is that there is no desktop app available, so you will always need to use it in the browser. Also, sometimes when I am moving the objects, the lines/connectors/links between those objects mess up completely and I end up doing a lot of readjustments.

Isaac

Quick and easy diagrams for more efficient work thanks to LucidChart

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Even though I didn't work with this tool very long, I liked the ease with which I can create diagrams and share them with other members of my IT software management team. As well as the ability to collaborate in real time with them and the built in templates and shapes which were very helpful and saved us a lot of time creating diagrams. In summary, I think LucidChart is a valuable tool for any IT team that needs to create and share diagrams quickly and efficiently, and I would use it again without hesitation.

Pros

Throughout the time that I have worked with this tool, I must emphasize that it is an intuitive and easy-to-use tool, it gives you the facility to create an infinite number of diagrams in a matter of minutes. However, what I liked the most about working with this tool was the ease with which I was able to integrate it with other tools that I used while making diagrams in it, such as: GoogleDrive and Slack.

Cons

The only negative point that I must highlight about this tool is that it has certain functions that some new users (like me when I started) are not completely clear about and the possibility of taking full advantage of this tool may be lost.

Andrea
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent Option for Flow Charting

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Lucidchart is my new favorite software for process mapping/diagraming. In the past, I have used another well known software that is basically an industry standard for process improvement so I wasn't sure if this would meet my needs in terms of mapping out our processes but it has far exceeded my expectations.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create flow charts, workflows, and diagrams in various formats. There are other software out there that accomplish this function but Lucidchart is really cost effective for educational institutions and meet the need very well.

Cons

It took a little bit to understand how to work the tools and formatting but once you get the hang of it, the software is pretty easy to use. It would be awesome to have some sort of training manual to refer to help those new to process mapping understand the various symbols but considering how cost effective it is, that's really a non-issue.

iGrafx

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart

Used in my previous organization and was looking for a more cost-effective solution.

iGrafx

Cost effectiveness.
Shawn
  • Industry: Higher Education

Lucidchart for the Masses

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

I was hired at my organization about two years ago to replace someone who had strong design skills that I did not. However, I knew of this program and how it could make reports and/or presentations beautiful. So I invested in the program and have not looked back. My peers and my supervisors have found what I have been able to create in Lucidchart extremely helpful. While there are programs that may do this at a more sophisticated level, for our strata of organization (midsize regional) it is perfect and is at exactly the right cost for an organization our size to have a yearly team-based account.

Pros

I think the extensive library of templates is the most important gift this program offers. I can get into the program and scan for a wide variety of template / tool options that I can then deploy. Sometimes, I'm not necessarily sure of what I need, and I can scan a variety to be able to get something that is close and/or I can modify quickly to be able to use for my work. This has really helped speed up the quality of my reports. While there are other programs that do similar work, I really operate better with this type of software because it isn't complicated; I just remember trying to do the same thing with Vizio or PowerPoint and nothing was working at the level of design I needed. I also tried Infogram and it was too much work. This was the just right option for me.

Cons

I love the templates, BUT, some of them can be really tricky to use. You have to spend time with a few of them figuring out the controls to be able to get exactly what you want. So it isn't a turnkey solution in the strictest sense, and it's not entirely intuitive either. The file depot is good, as I can go and find old documents. But I need to be really careful. If I don't duplicate something it doesn't maintain an old file, and I or a colleague can write over something and there isn't the same "revision history" that exists in other cloud-based solutions.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the most innovative diagramming collaboration tools out there!

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

The business problems I've been solving with Lucidchart is to create process maps and value stream maps to clearly outline the detail so that it is easy for developers and designers to glean from. It allows me to add a lot more perspective and content so that critical details don't fall through the cracks. Excellent for real-time collaboration and to even have brainstorming sessions.

Pros

The features I like most about this software is the easy set up and I can get going right away. The quick virtual tour is very helpful when it comes to knowing all the different available features. Collaboration is awesome in real-time. Excellent customization available. I have my own template sets and custom shapes that I use most often saved to my favorites. I have also categorized it my diagram type and project type. Lucid just allows you to configure anything you can think of and that is what makes it super powerful. Version history feature and status label on the diagrams comes in handy to track revision control as well. Layers are one of my favorite features because it allows to showcase multiple views of a diagram without taking up too much real estate and is so easy to show/hide based on user preferences. The different ways to share and collaborate like publish links, pdf, png, hyperlinks etc. are super useful to share and collaborate on documents even if the feedback giver is not proficient with Lucidchart.

Cons

The community is not very helpful. The moderation of the community can be better and it would be nice to have specific channels than one open community as most of the content I see there is irrelevant to me. Notifications are easy to miss and doesn't really catch your attention. It's not possible to share folders within a Team Folder which is constraining because then I have to share the whole workspace with someone that I don't want to just so they can access a specific folder or file. Permissioning is tricky as it works sometimes but doesn't work other times. I have to do some extra manual work to pretty up the diagrams and make it fit the canvas all while the content can still be read and visible. It would be nice if that was automated.

Sunitha
Sunitha
  • Industry: Program Development

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

Overall, Lucidchart is an excellent tool that helps me quickly organize and share my ideas.

Pros

It's easy to use and provides a variety of templates that make it easy to get started quickly. I also like that I can collaborate with others in real time, so I can get feedback on my ideas quickly. The ability to export images and documents in various formats is great too, as it allows me to integrate the visuals into other projects.

Cons

Although I am not satisfied with Lucidchart's limited color choices, lack of certain shapes and templates, and its slow loading times, I still believe it is a great tool for making visual depictions of concepts.

Bruno
Bruno

How to easily create huge diagrams

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Since I am using Lucidchart I have used it for many tasks, but specially for flow diagrams. I love all the shapes that have, which make easy to understand the diagram because each has a meaning. I've created huge diagrams that I wouldn't be able to create them without Lucidchat because they were so big that it was impossible to read the content of the diagram, but Lucidchat allows sharing it with just a link and to explore all the diagram with the zoom tool.On the whole, I had a good experience using this software, it's simple but useful; you can create really simple diagrams or create big ones without high complexity. Personally, I would strongly recommend it.

Pros

This software is simple to use, it has a similar interface to other well known software products of the Office package. This is an advantage because everyone can learn how to use it in a few minutes. It offers numerous shapes, arrows, and text. This great variety is extremely useful to design the diagrams because it makes easy to read them and to structure them. It's easy to paste each shape and connect each one with arrows, then you can also add colour to each shape. Diagrams are also dynamic, if shapes are connected in the right way, when one shape is moved, Lucidchart will find the way to keep it connected, by modifying the arrows position and shape.

Cons

Lucidchart has not many cons, the main one is that the free version of the product has some limitations related to the size of the diagram and the way you can export it or share it. Without the premium version, making vast diagrams is not so easy because you are limited to a maximum number of shapes in each diagram, and you can't have more than 3 documents simultaneously.

Stephen
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for collaborative process mapping

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Very happy and have been recommending Lucid to other organizations.

Very happy and have been recommending Lucid to other organizations.

Pros

Ability to share maps across team members across time zone is terrific. Acting as the central repository, we have eliminated the emailing of files between members and the attendant issues with version control. I am looking forward to trying to use "layers" which i have seen in a demo but not actually tried yet. Commenting and ability to call out team members to comment (with the "@name" feature is great. UNLIMITED collaborators is a massive WIN !

Cons

It can be difficult to easily select text inside shapes or grouped objects - this often necessitates triple clicking or multiple double-clicking. It would be nice if Team Folders was available in the basic subscription, not having this has driven us to have a single large document with multiple sheets/tabs. Large documents are slow to load and manipulate.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

With Lucidchart, we always go to the top of our game

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

Lucidchart is beneficial for anyone who needs a means to visually represent their work. Yes, it is intended to be helpful to any individual within any rank or position within a company. A sales representative can use the program to document the manner in which their work is developed in order to work with a potential customer from the internet to the time the contract is closed. A manager can use the program to devise the company's action plan for approval by the legislature. The sales operation suite is using Lucidchart to generate most of the training and enablement path, which communicates with the power groups, Sales, Marketing, Product and Customer Effectiveness. We have developed functional and institutional organization charts, process and flow diagrams, content and certification information to communicate our strategy in relation to our four sales enablement principles.

Pros

It is very easy to generate a specific color program so that sketches can be customized very easily. The ability to send to computer, tablet and smart phones numerous image formats is particularly helpful. The ability to provide access to editors or just the ability to read is critical. Facilitates the creation of groups with various functions. Several templates with recommendations on how to use them make it very simple to get started. The templates offered by Lucidchart are ready to use, which makes it extremely simple to use. All the templates guide you on how to use it. The toolbar resembles a familiar Microsoft application and it is very easy to find what you want. Zero formal instructions are required.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to slow down the publication as needed and deliver versions, for everything else Lucidchart is excellent.

Helps understanding overall system flow and for presentations

Reviewed on 27/07/2019

I truly recommend Lucidchart to everyone. It helps students and as well as professional.

Pros

I used Lucidchart for multiple purposes. Firstly, i used it during implementation of database schema designing. It provided me an overall picture and the conflict with the keys that may arrive. I also used to create data flow diagrams and use case diagram. This way i could understand the flow of a system from each layer to the other and i found this quite useful. Whenever there was an enhancement, i just used it to see the different perspective.

Cons

There was nothing that i did not like about this software. I found it helpful with the variety of charts i could use.

Jared
Jared
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Enhances Innovation and Collaboration.

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

Pros

I like the templates and broad set of icon and object packs. Lucid has just about every feature I've wanted from it's competitors that I've used and more.

Cons

I have run into some snapping issues. It may sound small, but the inability to snap lines and different pre-set points on an object is frustrating sometimes.

Justin
Justin
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

It's the clear leader in this space

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Pros

Lucidchart just works. It's simple, obvious/intuitive, and makes communicating super simple.
I love the ability to quickly make new diagrams, succinctly communicate, share, print, etc.

Even training new team members to use Lucidchart is super simple - new engineers may not fully understand the value, but they quickly see it.

Cons

The look and feel of Lucidchart outputs is pretty generic. I wish that the look and feel could be more polished for larger audiences - there are other softwares out there that show/present similar diagrams in a more polished look/feel.

That said, that's minor. Lucidchart does exactly what it says it's going to do.

One big request/wish: I wish Lucidchart had an API that would build diagrams programmtically. Yes, Lucidchart has an API, but I specifically want to hand it PlantUML commands (or something similar) from RunTime code that would quickly build sequence diagrams, class diagrams, system diagrams, etc. But alas, that is entirely missing.

Hong

Great Visio alternative as a start

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Great product, easy to use.

Great product, easy to use.

Pros

Their Cloud Insights feature is great at importing and diagraming cloud infrastructures.

Cons

I have had issues importing and exporting diagrams from & to Visio format. This might have improved as I have not used the feature for a while.

no OS restrictions, cheaper and cloud-based

Cradle to Grave with Lucid

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Excellent!

Excellent!

Pros

Allowed greater collaboration than Visio. Intuitive to non-tech users. Templates expedite phases.

Cons

Accessing tools in Lucid mobile versions